Weighback Machine

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Appearances can be deceiving

Weighed in on Thursday at 242 again. Sounds like no change from last week, right?

Not so fast.

This week I made the mistake of weighing after my Sunday trip to the gym. Came in at 240. I used that as an excuse to go berserk on Monday at a charity function where I ate way too much junk food. After Tuesday's workout I weighed in at 245 again. Yikes.

Valuable lessons:
1. Shouldn't weigh in too often lest I get overconfident;
2. Shouldn't get overconfident and cut loose like I did Monday;
3. Shouldn't get discouraged, as there is still real progress being made, even in the face of momentary setbacks.

This week will be my biggest challenge yet as I have a four-day conference out of town that will prevent me from any gym trips, challenge my ELOO routine and present plentiful options for excess food and drink. Since I don't sleep as well when away from my better half, I'll try the middle-of-the-night ELOO.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home