Weighback Machine

Friday, June 02, 2006

Bonus!

The idea of refraining from experiencing flavor for one or two intervals during the waking day is a central tenet to the Shangri-La Diet. It’s probably one of the things that will keep several people away from trying it – such as my wife who refuses to limit intake of diet sodas and chewing gum.

While the “flavor fast” in general seems quite useful and I enjoy the weight loss, I hadn’t expected that SLD would give me an easy out to my long-standing diet soda habit. I used to drink at least half a gallon of diet soda a day. Now I haven’t had a diet soda in over two weeks and I don’t miss them at all. Water is the main substitute, with occasional unsweetened iced tea or lemonade. It seems to me that avoiding those flavors helps in appetite reduction.

5 Comments:

  • I have periods of time I don't feel like sodas either.

    By Blogger Stephen, at 5:09 PM  

  • I love diet soda. How hard is it to give it up. I don't drink it very often but when I do I drink a lot of it. I hear caffeine makes you hungry

    PS
    I am on a different plan.
    I feel SD is more a appetite suppressant/experiment and less of a diet.

    By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 2:37 PM  

  • I love gum and probpbly couldn't give that up.

    PS do you mean unsweetened lemonade or do you mean diet?

    By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 4:19 PM  

  • Unsweetened iced tea or ordinary lemonade. Should have been clearer sorry.

    By Blogger Gregg the Obscure, at 8:19 AM  

  • The phrase "flavor fast" is great. I haven't seen it elsewhere. It made me think differently (and I believe more successfully) about the SLD. Thanks.

    By Blogger Will Ware, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home