Weighback Machine

Friday, May 12, 2006

Day One

I had my regular breakfast at home, then drank sugar water (16 g of sugar to about 16 oz of water) in lieu of black coffee at the office. Got through the morning without snacking. What startled me is that I didn’t really want to snack on anything.

At lunch I got a grilled chicken sandwich. It came with fries and some fruit. I was full after eating the fruit, barely 2/3 of the sandwich and only a few of the fries. Absent-mindedly took two Hershey miniatures as an afternoon snack, but didn’t desire more. Usually if I eat Hershey miniatures, I’m good for at least 9 of them.

(I know, too much ditto food. Baby steps.)

Before driving home I drank an ounce of ELOO, with a big water chaser. Drinking oil was easier than I had expected. Got home and, surprise: no compulsion to snack. Then I remembered that I ought to get a starting weight. The home scale registered 256. Yikes! Went out to dinner where my wife and I shared one appetizer and one smallish entrée. I couldn’t finish all the food. I don’t think we’ve had that small of a dinner out in our 17 years together. (Also spent only $30 at a restaurant where we usually are good for over $50.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home